A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Sunday 16 June 2013

Genesis

Genesis Cinema is in between Whitechapel and Stepney Green stations. Its an independent cinema and it only has 5 viewing rooms. The fifth room is special because its set up as the viewing experience from your home, they have couches for groups of two, where you sit with a coffee table in front of you and you can look at the big screen. I've only seen one movie in this "studio" (as the cinema calls it) and it was a really good experience. I didn't really like the movie but I was comfortable and not distracted throughout the whole film. 
Usually I get easily distracted when its a long film, I hate when people stand up to go to the bathroom and when people eat really loudly. I tend to talk to myself a bit when I see films, but I'm trying to do it less and less. Obviously it depends on the film, some action movies are alright to talk in because of the explosive sounds and other loud scenes, but I know it gets on everyone's nerves when someone is talking throughout the whole film. 
I really like Genesis, its a cheap cinema, its 5.50 pounds for students, and 7 pounds for a standard ticket. But on Wednesdays its even better because its only 3 pounds for everyone. Also their food isn't as crazy expensive as bigger chain cinemas in the UK. Its not as cheap as getting the food at a supermarket, but you can get a deal of large popcorn and a large drink for 5 pounds so its worth it. Also, in the upstairs waiting area there is a bar, so you can purchase alcoholic drinks to bring into the studio with you which is generally not allowed. I'm going to this cinema again soon, and I'm really looking forward to it! 
Here's their website: http://www.genesiscinema.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC