A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Monday 8 July 2013

Apollo Cinema

 
 I was dying to see The Great Gatsby film, and I had to see it the day that it came out because I promised one friend I'd go with her and she was leaving the next day for a week and I knew I wasn't going to last that long without seeing it. So we went the The Apollo Cinema near Piccadilly. Do not assume its the cinema towards Leicester Square, because then you'd be wrong like we were. We were so scared we were going to miss the start of the film so we ran all the way to the Apollo. 
The interior of the Apollo is nothing like the exterior. The exterior is this beautiful old building. Inside, you want down starts to get to the different cinema screens, and you can buy your ticket at the food stand. The stairs are lined with blue neon lights and the bathrooms are gold and blue. However, the inside of the screen where they played The Great Gatsby had some cool crossing lights, and really comfortable red chairs which do not have a huge armrest like other cinemas. 
Overall I really liked this interpretation of the film and I was happy I was able to see it there in 3D on the day it was released. It was a really good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC