A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Sunday 29 December 2013

Columbia Road Flower Market

There are few things East London is famous for, but one of them surely is Columbia Flower Market. I've been a few times and I'm warning you now you will get elbowed and shoved a little bit but that's because everyone's having a flower frenzy. If you go later in the day the sellers start discounting their flowers. I got a huge orchid for 7 pounds. I later bought a gift wrapped tiny orchid for 10 pounds at Waitrose and was a little disappointed. 
Since I went right around Christmas there were plenty of Christmassy flowers and of course Christmas trees. Yes, you caught me, I just went there to smell a real tree since I've never had a real Xmas tree. Other than that there were Poinsettias and even some glittery tree branches. Everyone was in a very festive mood and I saw quite a few funny Xmas sweaters. 
Not only are the flower stands amazing at Columbia Road but all of the shops lining the street are amazing and unique. You can find the cutest details for your houses as well as books, cards, and anything else you need to add a little character to your home. In fact last year I made myself a floral head wreath from fake flowers from Columbia Road. I love it there, it's the perfect combination of girly and decorative. And if you get bored you can always stroll towards Brick Lane or Shoreditch for a snack. 
Here's their website: http://www.columbiaroad.info/

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love Columbia Road Market, all the shops and cafes around it are brilliant and it's nice to walk up to it through Brick lane's Sunday Market. Makes for a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC