A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Wednesday 25 December 2013

Los Campesinos! at Heaven

While stressing out during deadline week, I realised I was going to a Los Campesinos! gig at Heaven with a diehard Los Campesinos! fan, my flatmate Charlotte. Her obsession with them started a long time ago, whereas my fondness of them only started a few months ago. Prior to the gig Charlotte was getting more and more excited, and I was happy I was along for the ride. As a band, I like Los Campesinos! I just find it really hard to understand their lyrics and therefore I feel really silly when I attempt to sing along. 
Thankfully later that evening we were in a crowd of people half singing the lyrics, so I didn't feel too out of place. Heaven is a club underground (like most London clubs) near Embankment station. After walking down the stairs you can see how big the venue really is, it's huge. And luckily they have a really long bar too. After grabbing a pint of San Miguel we went to the middle of the dance floor, and waited for the support band, Joanna Gruesome. 
Joanna Gruesome were a really cute band, and they looked like they were having a lot of fun on stage too. It was so cute to see the band's parents at the gig too. They got a little carried away with their guitar riffs but overall it was fun to see them perform. After their set, everyone was getting a little more antsy waiting to see Los Campesinos! And when they came on everyone went nuts. The crowd started jumping, and screaming, it was fun until people started getting really sweaty. The band was really nice to the public and kept saying thank you which is probably what I loved most about the gig. 
Being in London means I am lucky enough to have bands I like around a lot, I need to start going to more gigs. Have you heard of anything good coming up?
Here's Los Campesinos!'s website (designed by Charlotte): http://loscampesinos.com/
Here's Heaven's webpage: http://www.heaven-live.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC