A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Poppies

When people ask me “where can I get the best fish and chips in London?” I rarely have to think more than a second. Poppies is the best. If you get your food “to go” I recommend getting a regular portion of chips. The chips are amazing, traditional, English, chips. They serve them in a cup, wrapped in a newspaper tube, and fill it up quite a lot. Trust me, a regular is enough, I’m never able to finish them alone. Their fried codfish always smells amazing, and the one time I tasted it I vowed to eat there again. 
Unfortunately it’s in between Spitalfields Market and Brick Lane Market, so I rarely stop there to eat because there’s so much to choose from in that area on a Sunday afternoon. If you happen to walk past though it’s worth the stop. I think of it as one of London’s mini landmarks of English culture that every tourist should taste. To add character to their restaurant the waitresses are dressed in adorable 50’s diner clothes and always look fabulous.
Also, a true “Englishman” covers the chips in vinegar and salt, try it if you dare. 

Here’s their website: http://poppiesfishandchips.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC