A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Monday 6 January 2014

Mary Janes

I walk past Mary Janes at least once a week on my way to university. When looking at somewhere to lunch I thought of it first. Sadly, the lunch got cancelled but I did however make it there for dinner later on. What intrigues me the most about their menu is that they've reinvented "surf and turf". After going to the street food fair in Dalston and trying a surf and turf style bun I knew I'd be a fan of other surf and turf style food. 
When I found out Mary Janes had a surf and turf burger I couldn't wait to try it. So we took advantage of their happy hour and went there for drinks and dinner. After ordering my amazing burger with lobster I enjoyed sipping on my "buy one get one free" drink. When the food arrived I think I was even more excited about it. They had the most amazing fries, perfect thin and crispy. After a bite of the burger I was completely sold. The food took my breath away.
However the service was a little slow, but that might have been because there was a Christmas party going on by the bar. The venue itself is really cute, there are semicircle booths, glass floors, Victorian chairs and from what I heard a dance floor downstairs. Too bad their only open during the week because it would be a fun place to hang out on a Saturday night especially since its so close to hope.
Either way, the food is amazing, so if you're looking for a little bit of decadence in your life, look no further. 
Here's their website: http://maryjanesbar.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC