A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Saturday 6 July 2013

Leon

I've heard the name mentioned several times, but I never went into a Leon "restaurant" before May this year. I just didn't know what to expect. It looked really nice from the outside, with picnic tables and two ping-pong tables. Walking in you can tell its a chain restaurant due to the long counter, the huge number of seats and the menu shown in photos on light up screens above the counter. It took me a while to choose what I wanted, and the desserts aren't written on the screens, but I chose a chicken mix and a raspberry lemonade which seemed like a good combo. 
I sat down with my friends at a quirky table, and started noticing the cute little details placed around the venue to make you feel more at home and more like "Leon" has a story. Munching through my green salad with broccoli, quinoa, and some chicken I decided I liked the atmosphere. Everyone was busy, but somewhat cheerful, maybe its just cause it was a sunny day. The trays given to us all had cute different fruit designs, and there were books, magazines and board games laying around in case you wanted to stay and do something. 
The dressing on my food was a little over the top, but I really enjoyed the experience of this chain restaurant, because it attempts to be a little different and quirky and not everything is the same inside. I don't know if I'll order the same thing again, just because their fried mackerel looks really yummy too.
Here's their website: http://www.leonrestaurants.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC