A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Friday 12 July 2013

The Old Shoreditch Station

While waiting for some friends one day I finally decided to get some coffee at the Old Shoreditch Station. I've walked past it countless times and I always wanted to go in, we were just always doing something else at the time. From the outside you can see part of their menus written on their windows. But from the second you walk in it looks really spacious. There are cool quirky details in every corner, and none of the lights above the bar match. 
There are really relaxed couch-like seating areas lining the whole window and small coffee tables in the middle of the room with chairs. There's also another room behind the bar, which is a lot brighter and has bigger tables for groups. The day I went there it was really grey, but I'm pretty sure they always have the lights turned on in there. Its nice because you get to see the people walking by, as well as enjoy your coffee in a quieter environment. 
I felt so relaxed when I was there I didn't want to get up from the couch. Sadly I had to, but I think I'm going to try to go back there and enjoy reading a book while drinking some tea sitting on those couches. As my friend Kristin says, "sometimes you just need to do nothing". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC