A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Sunday 11 August 2013

The Book of Mormon

In June I had the wonderful opportunity to go see The Book of Mormon with my friend Daniella. Her and her old flatmate had bought the tickets, but her flatmate had to move back to the USA before being able to see the musical, so somehow I was lucky enough to tag along with Daniella and see this show. Since seeing it Daniella has bought tickets for her mum, brother and brother's girlfriend to see it with her again. 
The queue outside the theatre was really long, and the excitement was building up, to go and see this play. The theatre is huge, but that's not what we really care about, even if the snacks I bought in between the two acts were ridiculously expensive. Once the show started everyone was dying of laughter. Every step was perfectly rehearsed and every note was sung in perfect time. 
One of the things I loved was that the group of singers all sang in perfect harmony, and it is rare to hear that done correctly. I had no expectations when walking into the theatre because I had only heard that it was going to be good, I didn't actually know what it was about. So I think I'll leave it at that for you all too. For me, the songs stuck in my head for a long time after I saw the show, and I loved everyone in it. Every role was cast perfectly, and the band was so perfect I wouldn't have it any other way. Its really a show worth watching. Even at its insane price, and I'm sure that every seat has a good view. Because honestly it doesn't really matter as long as you can hear all the lines. 
Here's the show's website: http://www.bookofmormonlondon.com/home.php
(All the photos in this post are taken from the gallery on that webpage)

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC