A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Friday 18 October 2013

Belgo

I recently went to Belgo for the first time with my friend Dominique. Having lived in Luxembourg I'm grown fond of Belgian food, especially their mussels and their fries. So even when I looked at the menu I couldn't let myself choose another dish. Half a kilo of mussels is a good amount for one person, and their fries are amazing. But the best thing about this place is their huge selection of beer. They have about 40 different beers, and at least 10 on tap. They also have a good selection of wines for people who don't like beer.
One of my favourite things about the place was that you walk past the kitchen to be seated to eat. So you can see how they work and how quickly they get the food out to the clients. They also have a "fast menu" which allows you to have a quick lunch if you've got a short lunch break, which is something I really appreciate. 
The staff was very friendly, and they didn't cause any trouble when we wanted to pay for part of the bill with card. Also they were very attentive and they brought us everything we needed really quickly. Even when all the tables were full. The restaurant got a little bit noisy at times but I really enjoyed my dining experience. I know I'll go back there when I'm craving seafood. 
Here's their website: http://www.belgo-restaurants.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC