A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Pizza Union

After walking past a very full Breakfast Club my flatmate Emily and I decided to go somewhere we knew there would be space. So we went next to Nido, and found Pizza Union as well as a Japanese restaurant. Opting for pizza was a smart choice. Pizza Union is set up as a "do it yourself" restaurant. We sat outside and enjoyed the last few moments of sunlight. 
You go up to make your order, grab your drinks and pay for everything. They then give you a beeper and it lights up when your pizza is ready. The pizzas are very affordable. I think mine cost about 5 pounds. After the first bite I decided that this was probably the best pizza I've had in London so far. And that's a big statement. 
Maybe I don't go out for pizza often, but overall it was the perfect thinness, and combination of flavours. The tomato sauce still soft and the cheese creamy and not overly stringy like the bad cheeses you often get on pizza. I really like the set up of the restaurant too, everything was authentic Italian which is really strange for a "fast food" sort of place. But who cares, as long as it tastes good. 
Here's their website: http://www.pizzaunion.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC