A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Thursday 30 May 2013

Food For Friends

Food for friends is a vegetarian restaurant in the Lanes in Brighton. Their menu has a lot of varied food, curries, gnocchi, tofu, cheese, and other things that you do not necessarily associate with being vegetarian. I didn't even notice it was a vegetarian restaurant until I walked in and it said so on the menu. They had a huge variety of drinks, nibbles, starters, mains and desserts. It was quite a formal place based on the way they displayed their food. 
The sauces are spread out evenly without a drop out of its place. The waiters are very polite, and the tap water jugs have cucumber in them to give the water some flavour. The ambiance is very warm, welcoming but also clean and well presented. The food comes quite quickly, and everything looks like a work of art. It being late for lunch, my friend Daniella and I eat rather quickly but still being able to notice all the flavours in the food. The rice given with my coconut curry is spiced perfectly to match the main dish. Whereas Daniella's gnocchi have a light sauce drizzled over them and just a slice of Parmesan cheese on each one. 
The bill comes with a cute little survey card, and I fill it out promtly, knowing that I'd love to come back and eat something else because there was so much I wanted to taste. 
Here's their website: http://www.foodforfriends.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC