A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Saturday 25 May 2013

Nordic Bakery

In soho in front of a beautiful square garden there is the Nordic Bakery. The colours of the bakery are very grey and blue, and there are big wooden tables in the eating area. What I liked the most about it was that we were able to get our food and drinks and go enjoy them in the garden across the street. And when my friend needed the bathroom they remembered that he had just been there so they didn't make a fuss about him going to their loo. 
I got a cinnamon bun/roll and it was incredible. They're better warm but it was so good and sticky in the right places. Its not like an American cinnamon swirl, there is no icing, but the layers of the cinnamon bun were squishy and crunchy, you just want to eat it forever. They also have savory foods too, mostly with salmon and herring. They display all their food really well, so if you go in just wanting a coffee expect to leave with food too. Its very hard to resist their food. 
They also sell Nordic food cook books and other cute stuff. I know next time I'm in soho I'm stopping for a savory treat, cause I only got to enjoy the sweet treats last time. 
Here's their website: http://www.nordicbakery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC