A little bit of insight to London; art, bars, cafes, clubs, restaurants, and other things to do in this wonderful multicultural city.

Sunday 19 May 2013

LIFT

Lift (574) is a cool relaxing place near Dalston. The interior is really nicely decorated with small details giving the place a lot of personality. I went there with a few friends on Saturday the 4th of May, just for a cup of coffee. A latte costs 2,35 pounds, and a double espresso is 2,50 pounds. You go up to the bar to get your food and drinks, and you can watch them make your coffee if you like. They also do freshly squeezed juices and smoothies. 
We sat on some cute stools and a red couch, just chatting away with our coffee. The music in the background is really mellow so its doesn't distract from conversation. In the back room of the "restaurant" there is a pool table, so you can probably spend a whole evening there without getting bored. 
Overall, I just really liked it because I was able to have a good conversation, sitting down, without the rush of London surrounding me. I'm really happy we sat inside because it started hailing while we were drinking our coffee so that would have really put a downer on our day. I'm probably going to go there again just because it gave me a really good vibe, and they have free wifi, so I could always take advantage of that. 
Here's their website: http://lift574.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC